10.03.2013

INK-tober

Hello RZ'eaders!

Well it's that time of year again. Fall is in the air... crisp mornings, gentle rains, the colors changing, pumpkin spice lattes everywhere....
It is also Inktober! That special time of year when a group of artists celebrate the medium of ink and creative drawing - working to produce one ink piece a day for the whole month! (Or as close to as possible.)
I have decided to do my darn'dest to participate this year, I never seem to have time for projects like NaNoWriMo but I think I can pull off a ink sketch pretty often. I also think this will drastically help my sketch ethic and posting habits, a bit of a pick-me-up if you will.

Without further adieu my first two sketches! Two tomorrow and I will be on-track!


I plan to experiment with different Inking methods (The dragon is brush-pen and the skeleton is microns) to test for time, line-weight and consistency of mark-making. Also practicing my black/white tones and shadow shapes. Happy Inktober everyone!

No comments: